Saturday, January 21, 2012

Suprise Birthday Blog

I decided to make a canvas, but not my typical canvas that I make.  For this person I decided that I would go with the whimsical look, like her.  I am not completely done because I want it to be a surprise; It's almost done I just need the finishing touches.

I started by painting on some Gesso on the canvas and used my heat gun to dry it.

I use acrylic paint for the canvas and displayed below are the colors that I used.  I mixed some colors to give me the perfect shade.

Here I am painting the sky a sky blue.
I didn't paint it all blue because I wanted to leave some room for the other elements that are going into this canvas.


I then started painting the tree.  I used my heat gun again to dry it.

I then started to paint the grass and I used 2 different shades to make it more dimensional.
Here I am painting the top of the tree.
And here is the tree finished.
I added some Martha Stewart sunflowers by the tree.
I used my Peachy Keen Stamps for the little face on the trunk of the tree.

I used the little owl stamp that I am showing below.

I also used My Pink Stamper "you're a hoot."
Here is the stamped Peachy Keen face and the "You're a hoot" on the canvas.
Here is the close up of the two stamped images I stamped on the tree trunk.
Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek at my project for the birthday girl.  Feel free to leave a comment or questions below. 


Linda, thank you for inviting me to join in the fun.  It was amazing to be along side some talented ladies.  Thank you!

O.k. Here is the next person on this surprise birthday blog hop! Go support these awesome ladies!

Sharon - http://www.smscrapperdesigns.blogspot.com/

Happy hopping!



4 comments:

Nancy said...

Yes...a whimsical canvas is perfect for Susi! lol It's looking wonderful! I can't wait to see it all finished!...Nancy :o)

neddie58 said...

toooo cute

Susi said...

OMGumballs Nancy!!!! I wub wub it! I knew it! I just knew it was for me! Aye, I hope it's mine if not I just made myself look like a fool! Jajaja! Muchas gracias ami! To have a one of a kind art work from you y un canvas to top it off will be an honor! TQM!

kim.scrapper said...

Great painting, Susi will love it and tfs